Monday, March 22, 2010

Mystery Monday - Week 2

Iheartfaces didn't have a fix-it-friday this week. And I didn't edit any of my own, so I skipped the day. And I didn't have any links or comments for a showcase saturday or sunday so here I am for Monday.

Today is Mystery Monday. This isn't photography related but I thought this would be really helpful for people with kids, or who might be pregnant or just anyone who might be curious. The last few weeks I have decided to go green and switch to cloth diapers. It's a pretty overwhelming thing to think about and I didn't even know where to start. I you-tubed a few videos and googled cloth diapers and found this really awesome website that has helped me understand the various kinds, how to videos on the types, brands, must haves for cloth diapers, etc. 


I'm the type of person who would like to save money in the long run, and I figured 3 years of diapers, wipes, would cost me over $1800 diapers. Yikes! Thats a lot of money, and I'd rather invest 300-400 (and that would be the high end for me) on the necessary supplies: 
  • cloth diapers (maybe 15-20 to start since I have a 1 year old but if I had a newborn 24-30), 
  • covers (unless I choose the AIO or pocket), liners (for the pocket if I choose that), 
  • wet bag (for travel), 
  • detergent that is safe for cloth diapers 
  • diaper rash cream that is easily washable on cloth diapers,
  • snappies or pins (for the prefold diapers)
  • liner for diaper pail @ home
On this site they also talk about getting out the tough stains with just basic stuff that most people would have at home! That also helps because then I don't have to go out and find something special, but just things that most stores (wal-mart, safeway, kmart) would carry! The sun, peroxide, and making a paste with the powdered laundry detergent on the tough stains is the basic home ingredients.

I am in the final decision stages for the type of diapers I want but I'm thinking I may try a couple of each. I really like the all in one diapers and the pocket. And even though its a bit more work to fold I like the pre-fold as well and they are affordable! I will definitely post the stuff I buy in a later post so keep your eyes peeled.

So anyways I thought this could be helpful to beginners like me, or anyone curious or isn't sure if cloth diapers are for them. Yes maybe there is a bit more laundry but its worth the time & investment! And I love when its easy to understand. 

Check out pootersdiapers and let me know what you thought!
Do you use cloth diapers? or have you ever considered it?

Hope this was helpful! Happy Monday!



0 comments:

Contact:

Phone: (307) 760-0550
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Grab My Buttons

button

holbert button

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Search This Blog

Become a Facebook Fan

Google Friend Connect

wibiya widget

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

  © Jenilee Holbert